Friday, June 24, 2011

Watched Sailor Moon


My girlfriend got me interested. I remember passing on the series when it was on Toonami, and I tried watching the English dub on Youtube (I usually watch English dubs), but it's too awful. But I like the Japanese version. 


Frankly this is why a lot of people knew of Sailor Moon. Hot outfits for cosplay girls. 


But it is a decent anime. It stars a girl named Usagi who is dumb as rocks, eats everything, and cries like a bitch. 


She gets constantly picked on by this guy. 


But then she finds a talking cat. 


And becomes a Sailor Warrior. 


So she has to stop this asshole from stealing energy from people. Seriously energy. You'll learn this about a billion times. 


She can't fight worth a damn, so Tuxedo Mask comes to save her ass constantly. 


I'm sure a lot of the show is filler and the manga is at least a billion times better, but it doesn't start to pick up until Sailor Mercury. I really like her look, and personality. Her fight moves suck ass though. 


Sailor Mars was a great character. I liked her fire power, and how she would fight verbally with Sailor Moon all the time. 


Sailor Jupiter was decent. For a "Amazon woman" as they like to portray her, she does kinda wimp out all girly sometimes. 


Sailor Venus came out all awesome and shit, but then she becomes worthless pretty quick. 


Queen Beryl is a bitch. She loves that Crystal ball and Mamoru's balls as well. 


This guy was a pretty decent villian.


Until he becomes good and shit, and starts a really awkward relationship with Usagi's friend Naru. Chris Hansen wants him to take a seat. 


I found this fucker pretty annoying. Didn't know if he was a boy or girl for awhile. 



This guy was way too powerful and then he dies so easily. Shit. 


I think the anime probably suffers from what made Dragon Ball Z a worse anime that it could have been. Lots seem to be just filler, and not to mention some of the stuff is defiantly "censored" to fit their TV audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment