Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ninja Gaiden (Sega Game Gear) Review


Like the Sega Master System Ninja Gaiden, this is another "lost" Ninja Gaiden game. Many people remember the recent ones, and the NES trilogy, but the Game Gear got a unique version of it's own. 


The graphics are simple, but the gameplay is bit more Shinobi than NES-Gaiden. I frankly like it since I thought platforming was the worst part about those games. 



The levels are mostly hack and slash, but I really liked the troll boss. It was bit hard to figure if he was taking damage or not, but then I got the hang of it. 


The 2nd boss I find almost impossible to beat. So I basically got stuck right there. Oh well, it's kinda hard for the sake of hard, not for the sake of challenging skilled players. I like the idea, but they could have made a much better game out of it. 

Score: 5 out of 10 


No comments:

Post a Comment